Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Parmesan Knots

These little gems are so easy to make!! But wouldn't you know I had to do it the old fashioned way because I was out of the main ingredient?!?! I didn't mind since I had the time. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed being stuck at home last week!!

Okay, I can tell you! I. LIKED. IT. ALOT!!! It made me remember why every year I try talking Sean into letting me Home school the girls!

Back to the Knots!
When I was a Senior in High School, alot of my classmates contributed recipes, and we had a Cookbook made that we sold to make money for either our Class Trip or Project Graduation.
Here lately, I have been looking through it alot and I've been wanting to share some of the Recipes with you.
Friday night we had our usual Pizza Night and Sean suggested we make the Parmesan knots.

Like I mentioned earlier, it took a little longer, but they were sooooo worth it!!


Since I didn't have the two cans of biscuits that the recipe called for, I used a BUTTERMILK BISCUIT RECIPE FROM MOMMY'S KITCHEN.

One of my little helpers cuttin' the butter into the flour


Either finish mixing up your biscuits, cut out your biscuits and cut each biscuit into thirds
 or POP open your 2 cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into thirds.


the directions say to roll between your hands, but I found it easier to roll on the stove until it
was long and skinny


Tie it into a knot!


Place the knots on a lightly greased pan


Place in oven and bake according to package directions
or homemade directions


Keep an eye on them!


While the knots are baking we need to mix up our 'coating'
Mix 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 2 tsp. garlic salt, 1 T. oregano, 1 T. parsley flakes and 1/4 tsp. pepper.


Drop warm biscuits in oil mixture and stir around until coated well.

Drop onto paper towels.


Serve up with some warm Marinara sauce!!





Parmesan Knots
submitted into the PCHS 2000 Cookbook
by Katrina Doss (McBlair now)

2 cans biscuits
1/4 cup. vegetable oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 T. oregano
1 T. parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. pepper


Cut biscuits into 3 pieces. Roll between your hands till long and skinny and tie in a knot. Place on a cookie sheet and bake as directed till lightly brown. Mix the oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, oregano, parsley flakes and pepper in a bowl. Drop warm biscuits in oil mixture and stir around till coated well. Drop onto paper towels. Serve on a tray or lined basket.




I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!!





No comments: