Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spicy Beef Dip


Back when Sean and I were dating, his mom used to make this all the time when we got together. Sean then started requesting I make it for our little get-togethers we used to have. It is very simple and very delicious! Especially if you like putting cream cheese into just about anything you like to eat!!

This would be perfect to throw together and present to your friends while you are watching that football game that is taking place in my neighborhood! and you could even bake up the crackers I made if you have the time! Otherwise, this dip is great with Ritz!!


Start browning your ground beef (1 lb)
add 1/2 cup chopped onion and
I like spice so I add 1 Tblsp chili powder, but please use what you are comfortable with.


After that has browned, drain the grease from the meat and 
 add 8 oz. can tomato sauce, 1/4 cup ketchup, 3/4 tsp. Oregano leaves
and 1 tsp. sugar.
Mix together.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.



Add 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesean cheese.
Stir until well blended


And serve with crackers or corn chips!



Spicy Beef Dip

Brown 1 lb ground beef, 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1 Tblsp Chili Powder (give or take some)
Drain grease from meat and place back on heat.
Add in 8 oz. tomato sauce, 1/4 cup ketchup, 3/4 tsp. oregano leaves and 1 tsp sugar.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add 8 oz. cream cheese and 1/2 cup parmesean cheese.
Stir until well blended.
This taste really good served warm.
So you can either keep it warm on the stove or place in a small crock pot.
(which I don't have anymore because I foolishly got rid of it during a big 'Clean-out')



I'd love to hear how this turned out for you!





No comments: