Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fairy Party Continued....

Lots of pictures ahead! I hope you enjoy them as much I as I do!


I had soooo much fun planning this party!! I cannot remember the last time I was able to just let my creative juices flow? Now that I am out of the 'baby stage' with my children, I'm starting to find that my thoughts are a little more clear than they have been during the past 5 years!
So, if there are any other 'mushy-brained' mommies out there?! Don't lose hope! You will think a little more clear again after your youngest is about 3 or so! :)

I challenged myself a little with this party. Most of my items came from the Dollar Tree and Sale items at Hobby Lobby. I was trying to make this a Budget Friendly party without it looking like it. In my opinion, I think I succeed very well! Please let me know what you think! I would love to hear your feedback!


I'm going to start with the TuTu's. These are very simple to make and I figure I didn't spend anymore than $1.50 per tutu!
Only the Birthday Girl's Tutu (and little sister) had a flower on it and those came from DT as well!



I didn't make the wings. :(  I try to be supermom but the wings just weren't worth it. I ended up ordering them from HALOHEAVEN a
 little over a week before the party!!! EEEKK what was I thinking?? and they made it here on time!!


Here's the 'WING BUCKET'  :)


And the Headbands! I just love how the headbands turned out!



I enjoyed making these simple wands also!! (They were very cheap too!)
I found the flower shapes at DT. I painted them with yellow paint, sprinkled a little glitter, painted some dowel rods pink, stuck some ribbon and tulle in there and hot glued it all together!!
Easy! right?
(If anyone is really interested in how I did that, just ask and I will share in better detail, otherwise, I'm just going to assume you know how to do it!)
And I made some with popsicle sticks for the little sisters at the party!

I found the 'wand holder' at Goodwill for $1, I think?

Ready and Waiting for the girls to arrive and transform into Fairies!




The party go-ers also had a chance to look for little fairies on there own! We had two fairy doors set around the yard!


I had alot of fun making these too! I just couldn't pay $10 a piece for the ones I found a Hobby Lobby that needed to be painted anyway, so I bought to pieces of wood and a pack of little dollhouse doorknobs!
I used my Silhouette for the door template and painted away.
I ended up spending $5 on both doors!



I spent a couple of days making tissue paper flowers! I felt like such a kid again!


I decided to lay down blankets for the fairies to sit on instead of setting up tables and chairs. That was totally last minute!!



Here the Fairies were searching for 'Treasure'!
I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of the Treasure!
I just took silk flowers, tiny pinecones, tiny seashells and feathers and COVERED them with glitter!!


All is found!!!




Quick Picture at the Fairy Entrance to Hood Hollow!!





Treasure hunting is very hard work and makes you very hungry!!




















Our Fairy Day finished!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You finally posted! Love reading your blog. I have 4 kids and they are finally out of that baby stage. :) I'm starting to think better now. LOL

Rachael

Anonymous said...

Great party btw! Looks fab! I was strolling back on your prevous posts to catch up and see you guys do movie night also with all the goodies. Would love to see more of those posts and what movies that will be watched. Looking for ideas. LOL

Rachael

Joyful Sparrow said...

Oh, what wonderful ideas for a little girl's party! I can't wait to be a mom and (try to) do it all!

Unknown said...

I have three boys! I have to find a girl to plan this party for!

Laura said...

Love this party and the cute pictures! Found your blog from for the love of blogs.

Sassy said...

I love your banner to your blog, very nice! Your newest follower from ftlob coffee talk.

Madison
My Meddling Mind

Debbie said...

What an adorable idea!!! My girls would LOVE that. I saw you on FTLOB and I'm following you now - I can't wait to read more. Have a great day.

Coupon Queen said...

Hi, stopping by and following from the Coffee Talk hop. What a super adorable idea for a childrens party (although I think I know some adults that would love this as well)! Have a super weekend! :)

Jess said...

Thank you all for stopping by!!
I was so surprised to see so many new followers and commentors!!
WELCOME!! I can't wait to check out all of your blogs this week!!

and Rachael it is amazing how my brain isn't as 'foggy' anymore! lol

Dress up Wholesale said...

I appreciate you advertising Halo Heaven. Unfortunately it went out of business shortly after I sold it. I am trying to rebuild it at www.dressupwholesale.com . I was hoping you would change your links to reflect the new site? It would really help me out and your readers would no longer be clicking a dead link.