Thursday, March 31, 2011

On a Whim......Funnel Cake!

I had some 'free' time yesterday after the kids got home from school. Instead of working on some things for Dakoda's Birthday party what do I do??

Decide to make Funnel Cakes of course!!!

I cannot even remember what gave me the idea to do this?!?! I don't know if it was the LaLa Loopsy
commercial with the Ferris Wheel? or what? All I can say was it popped into my head and I was on a mission to find and make a Funnel Cake recipe.

I searched on a couple of my favorite sites and came up empty handed. So I immediately went to PW's site and did not come up empty handed!!

In turn she lead me to HeatherD's recipe Here!!


 

I ended up getting a little messy, but isn't that what's supposed to happen when you are using powdered sugar?





Keeping them warm in the oven so the 'natives' don't complain about cold cakes!!




DEE-LICIOUS!!!!

AND I'm going to let you in on a little secrect........
when you fry you up a funnel cake make sure you use the oil from the night before that you fried
your chicken tenders in!!!!!   Drain out all the 'little bits' of course and add some FRESH oil, but use the old too!!!  They fried up SOOOO crispy good!!!

Enjoy!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good! My husband, yes my husband makes wonderful funnel cakes! Yours look very good!

R

Amanda Butts said...

Looks so good!! I love funnel cakes - makes me ready for the State Fair :)