Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break 2011


Really? It's only Tuesday??
I promise I'm not saying that as a bad thing, but I am a little surprised!!
Sunday afternoon Mr. Old Fashioned left for California for work. Of course he will
 be gon ALL of Spring Break!!

Unlike other times that I have been 'Home Alone' with my children for extended periods of time,
I had a Plan!!! Plus I think it's been a little easier because they are older!!
The last time hubs left me, it was for 2 weeks!!!! and the girls were 7, 6, 3 and 1!!!

I can tell a HUGE DIFFERENCE this time!! I actually have some little helpers here!!

Sunday after Daddy left the girls cried!!! ALL 5 OF US!!!

Then we went to Wal-Mart and I didn't want to cry when we got back!! They were that good!!

Yesterday morning we cleaned up the house and went to the Library and Kroger yesterday
afternoon. Again, I enjoyed it!! No crying from anyone! Especially me!!

A couple of hours later we had our last Girl Scout Cookie Booth from 6 to 8pm.
The girls had been so good I ended up taking them to Cici's for pizza.
Yes we did have a coupon and waters, so our total was $12 for 5 of us!!! 

Today we did our morning chores after reading some of our Library books! of course!
Oh and I just have to tell you this because NOTHING like this EVER happens to me!!!
I was looking for a book too, and I had grabbed a couple of new cookbooks I was
going to look through. The Librarian asks me if I would like the NEW James Patterson book TOYS?
She was surprised nobody had scooped that up yet?
Did you all know that it went on sale yesterday? I didn't until I SWAGBUCKS'd it just now!!!
IT IS GOOOOOOOD!!!!

Okay so back to what else went on........
we did our quick chores! ate Brunch! lol
and headed to the DOLLAR MOVIE!!
which happens to only be 50 cents on Tuesdays!!!
Yay!!!

We watched Gulliver's Travels!
All 5 of us for 2 dollars and 50 cents!!
Way Awesome in my book!!

The movie was over at just the perfect time! 2 pm!!
Do you know what that meant?
Time to cruise right across the parking lot into Sonic!!
Half price Drinks!!!

As you all know, miss cheap here and $3.90 for 5 drinks? Way cool!!

So, now we are home just hanging out!

I pulled an extra Chicken Pot Pie out of the freezer and that will be our quick dinner this evening.

I really do miss my husband, BUT things are a little more relaxing!!!


The rest of the week is Eye Dr. appointments and painting baseboards!!

2 comments:

Roxann said...

Wow, you got a lot of great deals this week already! Hope the rest of the week goes well for you all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome on the the deals. Sweet! Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for you. My kids haven't started Spring break yet. Not sure if they will since they missed so much school because of the snow. Great blog. :)

B