Thursday, November 18, 2010

Onion Strings

Last night we had a craving for onion rings. I have to be honest,
I haven't made onion rings in a long time!
Sean and I had already decided we were going to use Pioneer Woman's Recipe for
Homemade Buttermilk Chicken Strips and just adapt it to suit our needs!
But, we didn't even have to do that!!
I started looking through my Pioneer Woman Cookbook because I thought
the Chicken Strip Recipe was in there......instead I found Ree's recipe for Onion Strings!!!!

BINGO!!!

Since Ree gives you the 'How To' on her Blog, I'm just going to show you
what mine looked like when they were finished!!

Ta-Da!!





These little do-dads are just as delicious as Ree says!!
I almost couldn't fry them up fast enough. Everyone kept grabbing
them as soon as I put a batch on the plate!
I also decided I'm going to remake these to use on my Green Bean Casserole
for Thanksgiving!



I also got to thinking, How can we eat these delicious onion strings without
the spicy dipping sauce, like what you would get at Cheddars?

I found a recipe on Allrecipes .com to use for the dipping sauce.



It turned out very good!



No comments: