What would Christmas be without a game of Tic-Tac-Toe?
|Cream butter and sugar|
|Beat in the eggs|
|Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts|
(I'm sorry there isn't a picture here, apparently I got so excited I forgot to take a picture!!)
Mix flour and baking powder together.
Stir into the batter.
I found it easier for me to mix by dumping it onto the counter and kneading the cookie dough together.
After it comes together, split it into two halves.
and get ready to dye!!
(It's a good thing I didn't follow my dream to become a hairdresser, because
I would have wore that joke out!)
Now that I'm looking at this picture again, it looks kinda bad. Maybe that should have
been a 'bloody Halloween' post!
|Smear icing paste onto dough and place|
in a plastic bag
Knead it until the dough turns red
|this is how I rolled up the dough to make sure|
it mixed up really red
|cover your dough and place in the fridge for 30 minutes|
|cut 4-1 inch squares for each cookie|
|The 'O's baking|
|Cut out 5 -1 inch red squares and|
|The 'H's baking|
|Tic-Tac boards are almost done baking!|
|"Ho Ho Ho's" in the cupcake wrappers|
|All bagged up and ready for a Party!|
And because I want to keep it real and show you all how things go from Great to not-so great in my kitchen, I give you my 'burnt boards'!!
I was trying to make dinner and bake cookies before we had to
I only had time to bake 18 cookies and I planned on finishing
the other 5 as soon as we got back from gymnastics.
When gymnastics was almost over, I had the flitting thought
that I hadn't turned off the oven before I left.
I wasn't worried though, because Sean was home and I figured
he'd notice and shut it off.
As soon as I walked through the door, Sean told me to wait.
I wasn't 'allowed' to go into the kitchen until he spoke to me.
I asked him what was going on? He said, 'Don't get mad!'
I said okay, what's going on?
He said, 'We lost 7 soldiers!'
and I'm thinking, what in the world is he talking about??
Then it dawned on me..... I not only forgot to turn the oven
off when I left, I FORGOT TO TAKE THE COOKIES
OUT OF THE OVEN!!!
I had to laugh at myself and I wasn't too upset because
I knew I had to make more anyway!
See? It all works out!!
Here is the Sugar cookie recipe:
(I swiped it from Tina at Mommy's Kitchen, it was on a calendar
on her fridge.)
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. red food coloring
- Cream Sugar and Butter
- Beat in eggs and extracts and set aside
- Mix flour and baking powder and stir into batter
- Divide in half and tint 1 half red
- Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough
- Cut approx. 120 white squares and 90 'O's
- Cut approx. 150 red squares and 90 'H's
- Piece alternating squares together in a 3x3 grid
- Bake cookies @ 350 for approx. 8 minutes. Take out before they are done, because they will continue to bake a bit out of the oven.
- Bake letters @ 350 for approx. 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on the letters. It doesn't take long for them to start to burn!!
- After cookies have cooled, place 3 H's and 3 O's in each 'cupcake cup'
- Either serve up on a tray or place in 'Goody Bags'
Be on the lookout for a post Monday Afternoon!
Sean's Birthday is tomorrow and he has requested a 'splurge' meal!!
I cannot wait to show this one off!!